I closed my eyes and welcomed the blank black space, knowing it would be occupied soon. Like each and every other night, I turned back the clock in my head and rewound time, the action done so frequently that it was almost a routine, only instead of becoming more simply obvious, it was distantly fading and blurring out. Out of the blue, the memories I had conjoured up disappeared with a poof and I found myself alone watching a series of events folding out like a movie. It played out clearly like a Harry Potter movie, and although there were others at a distance, I could sense no one else near. Just as I realised the movie had come to an end and I was now on higher ground looking down, it disappeared just as sudden as it had began.
There was nothing but darkness and suddenly, the scene played out again, exactly like it had awhile ago. Only, I was not alone this time. At first, I could make out three others when suddenly I felt a movement behind me and turned to see you. The scenes played out just as they had only this time, I realised that we were on some sort of stimulation ride that unfolded with Harry Potter-like events. The end of the ride brought us on top of a hill and I had to climb up a step. You turned to offer help but I had already propped my arm on another guy's shoulder to get myself up. The phoenix crashed the chains with all its might and the ride came to an end.
We hovered over a familiar counter, talking in lazy conversation. The girl stood opposite us to my left, tapping her foot in impatience with the other two who had gone. You were standing on my right, head bowed over a white book, hands resting on the low table. Quietly, I linked my right arm into the open space and gently placed my hand in yours. As we interlaced our fingers, for the first time in such a long time, you turned to stand up straight and looked warmly into my eyes, allowing me to catch sight of your handsome face. I stood there with my hand in yours, stunned by this sudden chance.
And then I blinked.
And it was dark again.
I reached out to grab my nearest comfort, hugging it to my chest so tightly, I could have strangled it.
I shut my eyes, curling up into a ball and somewhere inside, I heard a cry.
P.S. : still sick but recovering.
<3>
No comments:
Post a Comment