Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Allure.

The very first thing that comes into your mind as you walk into the La Trobe Reading Room at the State Library of Victoria is Harry Potter. You know the scene where the staircases move and where harry & friends walk up the staircases past the moving paintings, yes, you are reminded of that as soon as you take your first step in.

Bookcases that I have no idea whether there is actual access to it or not.


I didnt read the history of it but from what it seems, this area used to be a court. Clearly this middle part is where the main speaker stands and declares this and that.




These upper areas have staircases leading up but I do not know what they lead to. I think they lead to meeting rooms and such.



Another entrance (not the main one)



As the La Trobe room is in the center of the center of the library, when you look up, you are greeted by this magnificent octagon. If you're lucky, the rays of sun will shine through giving more light into the dim room.

I cannot tell you how it makes me feel. For some reason, it lured me in everytime I went to the state library. Not that I took the effort to climb the stairs to reach the room. But for some reason, it lightens me and puts a smile on my face. If you know me well and if I have ever shared with you my future plans, you would know how desperate I want to travel to Europe though with my own earned cash.

For now though, I've found my tiny little Europe smacked right in the middle of Melbourne and I am content. =)

Photographs note: All taken by my camera except the second and last which were taken by my laptop's built in webcam. I'm no pro, I just attempt to take nice photographs.

P.S.: I set up a poll on the right. Be nice and answer it. Only takes 5 seconds and one click. ;)

<3>


No comments:

Post a Comment