Its been a full on first two weeks of the new term. Before I forget though, I'd like to blog about my birthday.
My family was here, which was not on purpose because it was my 18th birthday. It was quite a big coincidence that the dates they chose to come here coincided with my birthday. One thing about this year's birthday though, apart from the wishes and the gifts, it never once felt like it was my birthday, but thats okay. It has nothing to do with whatsoever, it just for some reason, didnt.
I think my bffs would kill me if they read this, but I think my best material present this year was getting an Ipod Nano. Zoe, Kate, TS and 5 other girls from China shared to get me one and I was completely stunned and touched. The thing is, I'm honestly not very close to the girls from China. And another thing is that I had told Zoe that I was saving up to get myself one at the end of the year. In the end, when Kate and her gave it to me, they were like "nah, go and use the money you saved to buy your leather jacket(cause I'm obsessed with getting one too =P)." I was so touched I almost teared. Mind you, dont start calling my friends rich cause the Ipod Nano here is cheaper in aussie dollars and even when u convert it into rm its still much cheaper. its about less than rm100 cheaper. But still, 8 people sharing the cost was still quite a bit of an amount to give a present to someone who isnt a close friend. Though, I'm beyond touched and thankful to them. =)
Birthday celebrations were quite simple this year. Except doing the legal thing. that was absolute FUN! ;) In fact, I actually got three bday cakes this year. I only actually cut one. haha I scooped one with a spoon, and the other was cut by my mum cos I didnt have time for a bday song and cut cake ceremony. And oh, I didnt blow out any candles, only a lighter. HAHA the first cake had no candles, second cake no time, third one was forgotten abt so we asked for a lighter and they gave us the gun kinda lighter one uses for the stove. Yes, I DO have such one of a kind happenings in my life eh. ;P LOL
courtesy of http://www.delectable.com.my
I think the parts I loved most about my birthday were the well wishers especially those who wished me personally and not facebook-ed the wish. haha not quite sure why it felt like what it felt, but it doesnt matter.
Now that my birthday is over and my family is trotting off back home, its time to face my books which I have very much been running away from. Sigh, its time for full on burying face in book.
P.S. : I need help asap with uni choices. =/
P.P.S. : I also realised in the two weeks that I've been back, I've not once slept in. In fact I never slept in during the holidays, I always woke up at 10am the earliest. It feels like a good thing yet it feels like a bad thing. haha
<3>
my title!whoopee
ReplyDelete