A year later and reading it still makes tears fall.
I wonder if the promise still applies & if one still remembers it. Hah!
Maybe there is something more behind this, after all everything happens for a reason. Perhaps one day I will tell the world my story, how this story has run around in circles for a long, long time and finally hit a wall. Although by that time no one would be bothered anymore. But for now, the truth will stay hidden with me.
It scares me sometimes how much can change within a year. Just one year. But at the same time, I'm only at the beginning of the prime time of my life. Change is everything we have to be prepared for at this point.
When I head back this time, it'll be four months of gruesome studying and mental challenges. My final days of high school are approaching and it feels rather sad. Technically, I've already had a year extra of high school but I just dont want to leave just yet. =/
Pssh.
You see the thing with this choice I made three years back, is that I will walk this path for a long period of time and also in doing so, my past will always be left behind here. It is not my choice to bring my past to my future even if I wanted to. The choice is up to those who are part of my past. Though like I've always said, I never regretted this road I took, in time it will force me to let go of everything I've had here to pursue whats ahead of me. But this is Life.
I'm turning 18 in a week's time. Unbelievable, really. I dont really know what to make of it. Give me the rest of the week to think about it and I'll get back to you. ;)
She turns around and takes one last look,
Memories & moments all flashing at a glance,
All gathered around like a circle,
Like hundreds of video clips all playing at the same time,
She holds her hand up and they all pause at once,
She holds each one in her palms,
Slowly placing them carefully into a wide chest,
Drawing out a little part in each,
The little parts shine with brightness,
As they wiggle their way into her heart,
She seals the chest,
She closes her heart,
With a deep breath,
She looks up into the open road,
Dried tears at the corners of her eyes,
Sides of her lips curled up in a glowing smile,
Knowing that the road is still long and winding,
And that everything,
Is going to be,
Okay.
Its time to walk the final remaining pages of my high school chapter. Wish me well. =)
<3
wish you well. =). no chance to hang out again with you lar. aiyer.
ReplyDeleteehe..
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAH SOMEONE'S GETTING OLDDDDD =P...xD...I am EVIL!!! =P
ReplyDelete