Just a heads up before you read on, this will be a lengthy post because its more for my benefit than my readers since I'll be blogging about my time here and this is all about me. So, its okay if you dont read every single word. ;)
All my units 3&4 exam cards(missing history and further1)
Tomake this post not too wordy, I went back through photos to show you how much I've changed on the outside and basically physically. And well, wait till you see. Unfortunately I use PS to combine the photos and clearly I suck at it cause they all turned out a tad too small or maybe its blogspot, I dont know.
Going through photos have brought back a huge flood of memories and really, images dont just show how much one has changed, they provoke a whole lot of memories and nostalgia. A massive amount of things have happened here, like literally a massive amount.
Its been a long 3 years, and yet, time has flew past. This year was my absolute best year here. Its not just that I became the most senior or held a leadership role. Graduating made me realise how much I've become my own person. I cannot really explain to you what I mean by that, but if you knew my problems in my first year, then you would understand what I mean.
Also, I did not just become an 'emo' because of one factor okay. Gee. There are a few other things that I'm afraid, I can't mention here. But, I guess that was my lowest period here and looking back, I don't want to go back there anymore. But, I dont regret going through that phase cause doing so has made me who I am now.
If you asked my closest friends here, they would tell you that I have become like a whole new person. But they do assure me its a great thing. Fact is, its not that I actually changed alot, there was just a lot of suppression of myself in the first year. But they brought it out of me and I'm very glad they did.
Its not been an easy journey. But hey, I made it, and in pretty fantastic shape if I must say so myself. =)
Physically, everyone says I've transformed like 180degrees. And well, yes I have, based on what I wear, my so-called fashion sense (that I dont really know what exactly it is) and how I look. But contrary to what people just realised towards the end of last year, I did not just suddenly become skinny. You see, in everyone's first year of living out of home, its normal to gain weight. And yes,I did, I grew chubbier in my first year and I was actually happy with that. And somehow I lost all that end of last year and this year I've somewhat been balancing between normal and under although I've not lost drastic weight like last year so its good. If you knew me before this, I was always thin, okay. I have boney genes from my mum. I did not just suddenly develop skinniness. Sheesh.
I also think it may be my hair thats changed, not so much my physical features. LOL but then, I don't really know. So I've compiled a few pictures over the past 3 years to er, let you decide and tell me? I won't be offended if you want to be honest. ;)
2007 Ah, you have no idea how much I did not want to put the left photo, but I had to, to contrast the difference. LOL forgot to put dates in so the left one was taken in March 07 and the right one Sept 07. The Sept one is not really very relevant cos it was taken during the '80's party in the bh but yea. It was the first time I didnt look like me. lol hair back then was at first shoulder length then I grew it out and changed my parting.
2008 In 2008 I was only worried about growing out my cut-too-short fringe so all year was trying to grow it out. Then towards the end of the year, I decided to trim my fringe and cut it too short again, such that I was so mad at myself. But guess what? That mistake led me to having side-swept bangs which I am very happy I discovered about. =P Hair this year was always straight the natural way (meaning not very straight but straight).
2009 So if you've noticed, the whole of 2009 I've maintained my side swept bangs. No, I do not go to the hairdressers every fortnight, I trim it myself every month or when I think its growing out. lol When I went back midyear, I got my back hair trimmed a fair bit but its now grown back and I'm trying to make it wave itself naturally but my hair's very natural and cant decide whether to be straight or wavy. So it keeps on swaying between the two. I want it to be more wavy but oh well.
Fyi, I'm still new to this whole more 'girly' outlook but it feels more normal now than it did at the beginning.
So, do you think I've changed THAT much???
(now it sounds like I'm so perasan ><)
In early 2007, we created this group called 'The Kz' most of our names began with a K and we extended it to those we hung out with. Since the original group split, we never really used it anymore but there's a group shot of us every valedictory. lol

The Kz My first roommate here was none other than my darling sister. Thinking that we were gonna live in dormitories, I was really happy that we had our own rooms and they were fairly big for a boarding house. I stayed in the same room for one year, changed roommate in midyear. In 2008, I moved to the room in the opposite end for one term, then changed the next term to room with Kristy but went back to the first term's room in midyear to room with Bubs. This whole year, since I'm Head of house, I was allowed my own room although I miss having a roommate dearly. It gets really lonely at night, lol. Hence, I sleepover every weekend.
Bedroom & wardrobe
There are so many things I will miss about being a boarder, the list just keeps going that stating each and every point would be crazy. But I'll definitely miss being able to walk a few steps just enough to hear Kristy & Kath's screaming or singing. Even just chilling out in each other's rooms and only having to yell out our names to call each other. I think the one thing I'll miss the most is how close we are, literally within seconds of each other.
The famous camwhoring mirror which will be sorely missed. =(
Heather Reilly House
When I first came, I didn't like the fact that our boarding house was dominated by pure Chinese people. I have my reasons but seriously,majority of new boarders are from China and like one or two from Msia/Vietnam/random country. Even for the guys. I thought that more locals would live in boarding but for some funny reason, not around this suburb. In other boarding places, yes, but ours is just so international heh (note sarcasm). It completely changed my whole outlook of boarding house life and for that, I still wish I could live in a proper boarding house. But, its all done now.
Nevertheless, this is one heck of an experience that I will always be thankful for. And oh boy, the DRAMA! LOL if I can remember all the drama that went on while I was living here, I'd go on for a day non-stop!

At this point of my entry (if you're still reading) I think you should know that I did not sit down and right this up all in one day. And that I think my post is very messy cause I have yet to say what I actually want to say. As I type this, this very second, so much more has overwhelmed my memory and my heart, that I'm becoming really emotional about leaving. A few year12s have left now, and I'm the next one. I'm not going to go all in depth and emotional about leaving because I simply dont have the words and everything's just not 'say-able'.
When you look back at your memories and manage to smile, laugh and even crack a joke about not just the good but also the bad stuff, all the fighting, misunderstandings, immaturity & arguments, you know that you're not at all the same person, and you know that regretting your mistakes would be plain stupid because those mistakes were actually worth it in the end.
I've come to the last page of another chapter in my life. It was wholely unexpected how everything enfolded. From the very first day till the last.
If you ask me what I love most about this chapter, I'd tell you that its the part where that one day, I realised I became well & truly ME. ;)
<3
You still look the same , prettyface : )
ReplyDeletejust the hair's different.