I sat down hard on the golden sand, the millions of uncountable grain of sand poking the skin of my bum and legs. I lengthened out my arms and wrapped them around my knees, hugging myself to keep warm from the chilly sea breeze. I was barely clothed in a sheer white blouse and shorts and the breeze was getting stronger as night began to fall. I heard hurried footsteps nearing behind me. I knew who it was but I chose to ignore it, letting out a sigh and closing my eyes, listening to the rumble of the tidal waves, rushing in and out against the sand. I felt a shadow being cast over me, “look, I know how mad you are and you have every right to, but Shauna, you cannot let him leave.” I clenched hard on my jaw, fighting back the tears already starting to gather. He kneeled down and tucked a strand of my wavy hair behind my ear, kneeling close beside me. “You know you’ll never stop regretting it if you let him go.” I turned to look at him at once, “He’s made his choice, “ I said firmly, “and I can’t promise him anything. So, what else can I do? I can’t stop him, I don’t have the right to..” I stared into the dark blue waters that were slowly chasing higher grounds. The tide was coming in. He touched my arm gently, “You know you lo...” he took a deep frustrated breath, “...you know! I know that and heck, I don’t just know it.” He whirled around and held my upper arms firmly but gently, “I see it in your eyes whenever he’s around. The way you look at him, the way he looks back. The way you behave around each other, it’s subtle but it’s clearly different in an affectionate way. It’s not hard to feel the passion between the both of you and heck, I’m just a bystander. So don’t you dare deny it! You know as well as I do that what you feel for him is enough reason.” I opened my mouth to argue back but the words in my mind became dust as I searched his eyes. He was right. I couldn’t deny it anymore, he was my best friend and any lie I told him, he knew better. I looked down at my hands as he reached out and hugged me like he always did when he knew I wouldn’t talk. “Three hours. He leaves at 9. Come on, I’ll drive you there.” I got up and walked hurriedly beside him. I paused and glanced at the sky that was a beautiful dark orange. A split second later, I watched as the orange sky drowned into the navy blue sea, leaving an empty, cloudless dark blue sky, so still, so breathtaking, and in that moment I knew there was nothing else so peaceful.
P.S.: like i said, i dont know why the soapiness.
P.P.S.: i was going to upload a photo with this, but cos I'm a reader, I'd like to think that you too, would prefer to use your own imagination. ;)
<3>
No comments:
Post a Comment