Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Silent Photograph.

You should have seen
The way he looked at me, with those soften eyes
So caring, so gentle, so full of affection.
He gently stroked my cheek, cupped my face into his hand and pulled me into a kiss.
I could taste nothing but mutual understanding. The kind you just know that you both knew. He pulled me into a hug and rested my head against his chest. I could feel the warmth of his skin from his bare back, my hands cool against his body heat. But I was still numb. I thought of nothing, not where I was, what I was doing nor that I was with him. He let go of me gently without looking and walked away, ignorant of my feelings. I stood there while he left the room for a brief moment. I looked around and saw nothing until my eyes came across a glint of something familiar. I glided across the dark wooden floors, unconscious of what I was really doing. I bent down on to my knees to pick up the very thing that had caught my eye. I held out my hand and took the slightly faded photograph, gently blowing away the tiny fragments of dust that covered it. I immediately recognised the few faces, all beaming from ear to ear back at me. I smiled to myself, so absorbed in this rush of nostalgia that I did not notice his shadow over me. He bent down and wrapped his arms around me, pressing his cheek tenderly against mine. “Brings back a lot huh.” he said with a beam, tilting his head to meet my eyes.

And you should have seen
The way he looked at me, with those soften eyes
So caring, so gentle, so full of affection.
As for what I felt,
Ah, you have to be me to know.


P.S.: inspired fiction, done to de-stress

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment