I sat on the table across from you. We were separated by a medium-sized dancefloor, the kind used for ballroom dancing but smaller. I caught your eye and you smiled at me. We watched as the lights dimmed and the newlyweds took to the dancefloor, dancing in each others arms. The bride wore a simple deep blue halter gown that curved around her top assets and flowed down. I grinned remembering the fuss my family had about her wanting to wear a black gown, the colour she always only wore when it came to dresses. When the song ended, all three hundred of us got up and cheered the bride and groom. They motion for us to join them on the dancefloor and a good twenty of us grabbed partners as Howie Day's 'Collide' started playing. I searched across the now crowded dancefloor for you and saw you standing alone nervously. I knew you weren't going to ask me. Dancing wasn't your thing. But I stood up, straightened my long pink floral dress - making note to never let my sister choose my outfit for me on such a crucial day again - and crossed the floor anyway, avoiding couples who were slow-dancing. You saw me and hesitated, knowing what I had walked over for. "Look, I know you don't really want to dance. But please, would you do me the honour and have this one dance with me? I promise I'll be nice", I asked with a smile. You stared into my eyes for a few seconds. Then just as I readied myself for rejection, you smiled, took my hand and pulled me to the dancefloor as we swayed to the strums of the guitar. "Just so you know, I hate you.", he says softly into my ear. But I could feel him grinning as I beamed from ear to ear and held him closer.
The background music fades as the song ends, "You finally find, you and I collide...".
<3
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIs it Kim's wedding.nyehehe.
ReplyDeleteim guessing so.
hahaha *nods head* :P
ReplyDelete