
Ten years ago, I trot into my house still in that dark blue dress uniform and placed my school bag down. Dad who had fetched me from school, told me and my two sisters to head up to my parents' room upstairs for a bit. We walked up, thinking that he was just bringing us to see mummy who had been sick the whole week. Mum was sitting there, waiting for us. We sat on the bed, clueless as to why our parents were looking at us with serious faces, glancing at each other as to whether or not we were in trouble and who forgot to cover up.
Mum then asked, "Which one of you prayed for a baby?"
Immediately Kim looked up, "I did.." she said in a small voice.
Mum and dad looked at each other and smiled, "I'm pregnant", mum said. We gasped in joy and were so shocked that we didn't know what to do. Mum and dad sat between us and asked us to hold hands and dad started praying. Being the youngest, I peeked during the prayer and saw tears flowing down kim's face. Inside, I beamed thinking of the one hundred and one things I could do with my new baby sister or brother, believing that you would be like a doll to me.
When mum was pregnant, she'd tell me to sing songs or read to her tummy cause then when you were born, you'd be able to recognise my voice. Of course I was only 8 so I did just that. We didn't get to find out whether you'd turn out to be a boy or girl so we took bets. If you were a girl, dad and kelly would have to wipe the dishes for a week. If you were a boy, me and kim would do it. I wanted a younger sister cause I thought of all the things I could do with my younger sister tailing behind me. You were my hope of a playmate.
When you were born, I wasnt allowed to hold you until you were about 6months and I remember the first time I held you was just before your baptism. We were waiting in the porch, and I was finally able to carry you without help. There's even a picture of it somewhere at home. Whilst I was still in stadard2 and in afternoon session, I'd go to your room everyday after lunch, just before going to school to watch you while you were sleeping. Or if you were awake, I'd play with you although you were stuck in the cot and I wasnt allowed to take you out due to *cough* an incident that happened between kim and kelly before I was born *cough* =P. You were the cutest and we all wished you stayed that small, but oh no, you grew up! lol
I still remember that time in Phuket where we lost you in everyone was scampering around trying to find you, and I was having my stupid tatoo done so I couldnt do anything. I felt so bad that time but thank God for angels. =)
And remember just 3 years ago when you went to hospital? Till this day, we dont know what you had, but knowing that you dont look the way you did then is enough assurance. Besides, being skinny is in the genes.
My dearest brother, you are 10 years old today. My, my, how time practically fastforwards! One second you're small enough to fit in my arms, the next you're the same shoe size as me! wth wth. (lol that sounded a bit too motherly ><) You were so adorable 6-7 years ago! Now, you're like this attention seeking monster that is the source of the bickering and shouting during dinner. =P But we still love you, you know that. =)

There was this period of time, where I didnt like you because I was a kid, and well, I became jealous that you 'took over' my position of being the youngest. Whenever I fought with you or you made me angry, I'd run away in anger and cry alone, wondering why I ever thought you'd be a nice addition to the family. Mum said that the first day I went to see you in the hospital after you were born, I had sobbed so hard and refused to go into the room to see her. Apparently I couldnt come to terms that I wasnt the youngest anymore and some psychological effect had overcome me. Till this day, I do not remember that.
But I hope you will always remember this, from the day that we all found out you were in mum's womb till this day, You are our family's miracle. =)

And perhaps someday you will read this and thank me for what a sweet sister I am. But while you are still shorter than me, the photo above will best do for you ;P Its a good picture to bribe you with next time when I decide I dont agree to your girlfriends. haha what are sisters for? ;)
Happy Birthday Jordie!
Be good and kick ass in that whatever year6 exam it is that you have! Puhleeze do NOT get worse marks for english and maths anymore. Hee, its gonna be fun watching you grow up. ;D
Though without us, but I'm sure you're liking it. Oh and btw, when I get back, the wii is MINE! Just to let you know in advance =D
P.S. : Mum, you should show this to your beloved son over the weekend though I doubt he understands nor appreciates half of what I said.
P.P.S. : The real whole stories are way longer so if you want to know, you can ask in person. =)
<3
My dear no. 3 daughter, you will always be my baby girl LOL..so no need to be envious of your bro. Each of you are very different from the other (tho I still think Jord and Kim are much alike LOL) and each one is very very precious to me and each has a special place in my heart! You are all truly God's wonderful gifts to me, for each is a miracle in itself, but of course, Jordan takes the cake for being THE miracle baby! :)
ReplyDeleteSWTTTTT y u so emo,. i wana cry d.. =P
ReplyDeleteEH THE WII IS MINE TOO WTH!!!! and the twit got another headache today cuz he din drink enuf water. HHAHA so much for bday boy.
awwwww so sweeeeet!! hshahaahhaha i rmb u sobbing in the hospital!!!
ReplyDelete