Sometimes, the past hurts.
Sometimes, the past warms.
Sometimes, the past creates smiles.
Sometimes, the past triggers tears in your eyes.
Sometimes, the past makes you laugh out loud.
Sometimes, the past angers.
Sometimes, the past reasons.
Sometimes, the past makes you feel relief.
Sometimes, the past makes you regret.
Sometimes, the past gathers the worst in you.
And sometimes, the past creates the best in you.
There are things in our past we should accept, others we are still trying to, some we cannot, and few we have accepted. Right now, I just wish that people would stop reminding me of my past. Because I have accepted mine, and I don't deny it. I once was, but I am not anymore. You cannot judge when you don't know the whole truth. It just gets really annoying and difficult to smile patiently while I get teased about my past flaws, again and again.
And because sometimes, all we really want to do, is forget that the past happened, and move on with life. We are not our past. We are our present. And we always have a choice of who we ultimately become.
I chose mine and I fought hard through it. With God's help, I let go. There's still bits of it in me, but for the most part, I am not her anymore and I have learnt and I have grown. I am naturally deep and sentimental, and I have a thing with words and significant moments. And that, will always be me.
Because the past is past, and although we cannot relive it differently, we can always use it to create the best parts of who we are today.
P.S.: one more day of studying baby! :D
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment