Monday, June 28, 2010

These Mysteries.

Have you ever thought what things would be like if we had no internet? Say, everything else was as advanced as it is now, except there was no internet. What would we really be like? With no facebook, no msn, no email, no blogs. In short really, you wouldn't know a lot of what was going on on the other side of the world, would you? The only way you could find out about someone was if you really wanted to be such a busybody and snoop around. There would be actual stalkers instead of accidental stalkers who'd go, "puhleeze I don't stalk you, you came up on my news feed!".

Instead of instant excess into someone else's life, you'd have to actually put in the effort to send hand written letters if you actually wanted to keep in touch with someone.


I guess the real point of this post is that I miss the old way of sending letters. Call me traditional but letters were hard evidence of written, expressed words. There was much more sentimental value in receiving a piece of paper (or papers) that someone took the effort and time to write for you. Of course if it was for not so nice reasons though, then that someone really wanted you to know that too.
As far as my memory goes, I haven't hand written a letter in two years. I don't think I've received one in 4 years. But its not just letters, cards are pretty awesome too. I've always received one for my birthday cause my Godma in vancouver always sends me a handmade one weeks before my birthday, without fail.

I remember back in ipoh, the place we put our letters was right at the entrance door. So sometimes when I came home, I'd look to see if there was anything for me. Now, all my letters are either bills or junk mail. =/ How nice would it be if we had mailboxes like these in msia?! ^^^

A lot of my 'letters' are now in soft copy. Which is sort of a good thing, seeing that I can type, backspace, and then type again, and 'delete' it whenever I want. But I miss the old traditional handwritten letters. I miss that feeling of holding a piece of paper and re-reading the words over and over again. Sometimes I really wonder what life would be like without the internet. Friendships would have a whole other meaning wouldn't they. The world would be so much further apart from each other. And we'd value things much more than we do now. Just think, how different would life be?


& I really do miss home and the people. :(


P.S.: all photos from weheartit.tumblr.com

<3

1 comment:

  1. ok I'll do snail mail instead of email :)

    Send me Alto's address pls

    ReplyDelete