I thought of doing something along the lines of "18 things I've done in 2009" but I honestly cannot think of 18 things, 9 itself was actually hard to think of. Lol not that my life is so sad but things just happen so quickly that when it comes to the end, you look back and you're like, "So, what HAVE I done?".
So here are my 9 most major things that I did (or so I think or can remember) in 2009.
1. I turned 18 in July and went clubbing for the first time. Like I totally maxed my legality. lol
So here are my 9 most major things that I did (or so I think or can remember) in 2009.
1. I turned 18 in July and went clubbing for the first time. Like I totally maxed my legality. lol
2. Found another passion. But this passion has its own moods and despite what I think I'm capable of, I don't always write good.
Muck up day4. I visited my first old cathedral, church and castle in Europe, something I've always wanted to do. The experience was pretty calming and fulfilling.
5. I fell in and out of.
And now I honestly have absolutely no idea where my heart is. But its something I'll always be happy about. ;)
6. I attended my last year of high school and subsequently graduated from The Peninsula School Class of '09. Best year of my school life. ;D
7. For the first time in my life, I gave a speech in front of 100 and then 1000 people. I am one very nervous public speaker so this was a big and great deal of an achievement for me and I'm proud of myself for that.
Speech in front of the entire TPS.8. I finished VCE and obtained 94.2 for it, something I never would have expected.
My lifechanging choice was well worth it after all.


P.S.: Btw jeremy, it is still so ironic that your cousin got .1 more than me and he so happen to take a gap year that we're attending the same uni next year, not to mention same course and he's your cousin. How's that for ironies.
9. I travelled across the world to step foot in the continent I've always wanted to but only dreamt of. Visited three new countries in a year. (yea Spore is one of them, heh)
Ski lifts at the Swiss Alps.
So, the year ends here. To be perfectly honest, it wasn't an easy year. You could say that it was my best and worst. It was my most stressful year cause I vowed to go beyond my limits for once. And yet I loved everything about it. Others can say whatever they want to but I know that this was a remarkable year. It marked everything I needed to finish a chapter of my life happily. Everything turned out for the better after all.
I don't want to write out an essay but people should understand that I may seem lucky but not everything is as it seems. You have to dig deeper and look beyond the surface. There were many things that happened that were never really out there and I had to deal with them by my own because I did not want any input or further judgement.
Someone once told me that how you spend your new year's eve or new year's marks how the rest of your year will be. Well, I think thats utter crap.
At the beginning of 2009, I wished for something entirely different than how things worked out. It came true for the earlier part of my year. But things change and who would have guessed that my year unfolded like it did. Ironically though, I absolutely love how its turned out to be and I am actually so relieved with everything. Nothing could change how I feel about this year. It's my best year yet.
2010 marks a whole new other chapter of my life. I can only wait patiently and watch as life takes my further into my years.
Hope your year was as meaningful as mine. =)
P.S. : (though I screwed that quote, it doesnt change the fact that new year's would be nicer if you-know-i-know-you-know-than-we-know-who would be there.and yes preferably near me.lol sigh.)
<3>
No comments:
Post a Comment